By Symphanie Bolds, Indiana Commission for Higher Education Intern
Attending FAFSA Frenzy? Here’s a quick blog on what you need to know to make sure you can accomplish what you came to do!
What is FAFSA Frenzy?
As a part of the state’s annual Cash for College campaign, the Indiana Commission for Higher Education is hosting a free FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) and tax filing event for Hoosier students and families on March 30—two weeks before the state’s FAFSA deadline (and the federal tax deadline) of April 15. Filing the FAFSA is an important step in the postsecondary enrollment process! The FAFSA helps students make their college education as affordable as possible by opening up opportunities for federal, state and institutional financial aid.
Learn more about FAFSA Frenzy here.
What are the details?
Date: March 30, 2019
Time: 10am – 2pm
Location: Ivy Tech Community College, Illinois Fall Creek Center
Address: 2535 N Capitol Avenue Indianapolis, IN 46208
Who should attend?
FAFSA Frenzy is open to ANYONE planning to attend or THINKING about attending college next fall. There is no limit on age so parents, students, and contemplators alike should ALL apply.
Am I eligible to file the FAFSA?
- U.S Citizen OR
- Have Green Card OR
- Have arrival eparture record OR
- Have battered immigrant status OR
- Have a T-VISA
- AND have a valid social security number OR
- Alien Registration Number
What should I bring?
Want to save time?
If you’re the kind of person who likes to be extra prepared, here are a few items you’ll want to gather and have ready prior to attending:
• All applicable items listed above
• Your FSA ID, which is how you’ll sign your FAFSA (both student & parent FSA ID)
• List of schools you are interested in attending. Find your schools code here.
• Register for the event on Eventbrite here (registration not required to attend).
That’s it! See you Saturday.