Get college credit for my military service

Your experience in the military can translate into credit for college classes. The American Council on Education (ACE) collaborates with the Department of Defense to recommend what military training should count as college credit. The Joint Services Transcript (JST) is used by the Army, Navy, Marine Corps and Coast Guard, and can be accessed at the JST website. Air Force personnel should contact Community College of the Air Force to request transcripts for colleges.

Use the table below to determine what degree programs you are eligible for based on your military experience.

Military to College Planning Tool Instructions

  1. Select a “branch” of military service.
  2. Choose your “specialty” from your military service.
  3. Find a “program” you are interested in pursuing
  4. Contact the institution or college for more information about the program requirements. Click here for a list of military contacts at Indiana colleges.

Program-specific credit transfer details coming soon. 

    Military to College Planning Tool