Haga clic aquí para ver en Español.
Is my child eligible to be a 21st Century Scholar?
You can enroll your child as a 21st Century Scholar from the time they enter 7th grade to June 30th of their 8th grade year. To apply for the 21st Century Scholars program, your student must:
- Be a resident of Indiana, both when applying and when receiving the scholarship (determined by the residency of the parent or legal guardian).
- Be one of the following:
- U.S. citizen or U.S. national (includes natives of American Samoa or Swain’s Island)
- U.S. permanent resident who has an I-151, I-551 or I-551C (Alien Registration Receipt Card)
- A non-citizen with one of the following designations:
- Asylum Granted
- Indefinite Parole and/or Humanitarian Parole
- Cuban-Haitian Entrant, Status Pending
- Be enrolled in the 7th or 8th grade at an Indiana public or private school accredited by the Indiana Department of Education.
- Children in foster care may apply after the 8th grade.
- Homeschooled students are not eligible for the 21st Century Scholars program.
- Be a member of a family that meets the income eligibility guidelines. See chart below for current income guidelines. Note: students must meet income eligibility guidelines at time of enrollment and each year of college. Learn more about the financial guidelines for college students in English or Spanish.
- A student in foster care does not need to meet this requirement.
|Household Size||Maximum Annual Income|
|Household Size:2||Maximum Annual Income:$31,284|
|Household Size:3||Maximum Annual Income:$39,461|
|Household Size:4||Maximum Annual Income:$47,638|
|Household Size:5||Maximum Annual Income:$55,815|
|Household Size:6||Maximum Annual Income:$63,992|
|Household Size:7 or more||Maximum Annual Income:For each additional person, add $8,177|
Submit an application
Get started at ScholarTrack.IN.gov. You will need to provide your name and an email address to create a ScholarTrack account. Click on “My Account” to submit an application.
You will receive an email with an application summary and program enrollment information after the application is received. All applications to the 21st Century Scholars program must be submitted before June 30 of the eligible student’s 8th-grade year.
Before you apply, make sure you have the following:
- Student Social Security number, date of birth and address
- Parent or guardian’s Social Security number, or Individual Taxpayer Identification Number if applicable
- Previous year gross income amounts for all members of the household (Example: if you are applying after December 31, 2018, use 2018 amounts.)
- A valid email address. Free email addresses are available from Yahoo!, Gmail and Live.
During the application process, you will:
- Answer pre-enrollment questions
- Enter student contact information (address, phone, email, school information and SSN)
- Agree to the 21st Century Scholar Pledge
- Enter income information for parent or guardian
- Review and submit application
Applying Through a Local School or Community Organization
If you don’t have access to the online application, your child’s school counselor may agree to submit an online application for you with help from the Scholar Enrollment Worksheet. You can ask your counselor for help applying, and direct them to this site once you’ve provided all the required enrollment information.
School counselors and local community organizations may agree to submit an online application on behalf of a student in ScholarTrack. Counselors and partners can use the Scholar Enrollment Worksheet to help collect the needed information to apply online. The worksheet will also guide you through special scenarios—such as a student currently in foster care.