You made it to college. Congratulations! This is an exciting time, and it’s the result of all of your hard work over the years continuing to study and grow. With the 21st Century Scholarship, you have the tools you’ll need to succeed in this new phase of your education.
Indiana’s 21st Century Scholars College Success Guide is designed to help you adjust to the study habits and lifestyle of college, as well as to give you helpful tips on how to maintain your 21st Century Scholarship in college.
Feeling stuck? Or, not sure what resources your campus has to offer? That’s ok! There are plenty of places on your campus to turn. Check out our College Incentives Guide for information and resources just for 21st Century Scholars on your campus.
If you are getting ready to graduate, be sure you visit our Alumni page for more information on how to stay involved with the Scholars program after you graduate.
Keeping Your 21st Century Scholarship
To maintain your full 21st Century Scholarship, you must do all of the following:
- Earn at least 30 credits each academic year.
- File a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) by Indiana’s April 15 deadline
- Complete the College Scholar Success Program each year of college to maintain your Scholarship (find out more below).
- Maintain Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) as determined by your college. SAP usually includes a minimum grade point average (GPA) per semester, as well as a limit on incomplete and withdrawals from courses. Contact your college’s financial aid office for questions about SAP.
College Scholar Success Program
Beginning with the high school class of 2019, Each year of college, in order to maintain your scholarship, you must complete four annual College Performance requirements. Additionally, you must choose one activity from both the College Engagement and Career Preparation categories.
Don’t forget, after you complete these activities, log into your ScholarTrack account at ScholarTrack.IN.gov to report your progress.
(Click the image for more detail) (Click here for Spanish)
College Scholar Success Program Pilot Campuses
Beginning with the high school class of 2019, 21st Century Scholars on the campuses below will be required to complete the College Scholar Success Program during the 2019-2020 school year to maintain their scholarship. Beginning with the 2020-2021 school year, all college 21st Century Scholars in the high school class of 2019 and beyond will be required to complete the College Scholar Success Program. Just like in high school, college Scholars will be required to complete activities each year and track their progress using ScholarTrack.
- Ball State University
- Franklin College
- Grace College
- Hanover College
- Holy Cross College
- Indiana State University
- Indiana Tech
- Indiana University – Bloomington
- Indiana University – Northwest
- Ivy Tech – Bloomington
- Ivy Tech – Fort Wayne
- Ivy Tech – Indianapolis
- Ivy Tech – Kokomo
- Ivy Tech – Lawrenceburg
- Ivy Tech – Muncie
- Ivy Tech – Sellersburg
- Ivy Tech – South Bend/Elkhart
- Ivy Tech – Terre Haute
- Manchester University
- Marian University
- Oakland City University
- Purdue University – Northwest
- Purdue University West – Lafayette
- Saint Mary-of-the-Woods
- Trine University
- University of Indianapolis
- University of Saint Francis
- Valparaiso University